by Anonymus

I am an hvac/refrigeration service technician with 25 years experience. What is the least complicated way to gain employment and move to Australia?


To gain employment in Australia you need a visa that allows you to work in this country. There are various options available. Quick tips about some of the options are in our Relocating section.

You can find all the details on the department of immigration Australia website.

If I were you, I would start reading the section for skilled workers on the department of immigration site http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/ Go through the information and see which is relevant to your circumstances.

Skilled visas are points tested. See if you score the required points. For example, you can do a self assessment of the points you would get if you applied as an independent skilled migrant here: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/175/eligibility-applicant.htm

To check if your profession is included in the occupations in demand lists, go to http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/

If it is, then contact the assessing authority mentioned next to the occupation and either ask them for additional information, or send all the documents they require for an assessment of your skills.

The easiest way to go through the process is to contact an immigration lawyer or agent and discuss with them. It does not guarantee that you get a visa but they can offer you guidance and an opinion about the options available for your particular case.

To get an idea of jobs on offer for your skills, some of the sites to check are www.seek.com.au or www.mycareer.com.au

Click here to post comments

Return to Working in Australia.

ask a question

Subscribe to
Starting in Sydney News


I keep this private